- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time1 hr
- 3 large eggplants
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper to tast
- Preheat ove to 400 F.
- Remove top end of eggplants and cut into 1″ cubes.
- Combine the salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place cubed eggplant on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the eggplant and toss well.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until slightly browned.
- Peel garlic, cut in half and toss with olive oil to coat.
- About 15 minute into the baking the eggplant, add the garlic to the baking sheet. If you add from the beginning, they may burn.
- Once lightly browned, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the eggplant, garlic, tahini and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until well combined and mostly smooth but slightly chunky.
- Add additional salt, pepper, tahini to taste.