Banana Coconut Walnut Muffins
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time45 min
- Yield10-12 large muffins
- 1-1/2 cups pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 5 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Rough chop dates.
- Add dates and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add ghee, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree the date mixture until smooth.
- Place finely chopped walnuts, coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liners (recipe makes 12 jumbo muffins).
- Place date paste, bananas, almond butter and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the streusel mix for topping the muffins. Add the rest to the batter.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and blend until well combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about 1/2 cup of batter and top with streusel topping (a #8 scoop disher works well for this).
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of streusel mix on the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until toothpick come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.