Chickpea & Spinach Frittata
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time20 min
- Yield2 servings
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz)
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 c fresh spinach
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Add the olive oil, chick peas and paprika to a small oven-proof frying pan.
- Sauté on medium heat until chickpeas heat through, start to dry out and become fragrant.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper to combine.
- Add the spinach to the pan and sauté until slightly wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and swirl the pan a bit to distribute the eggs evenly.
- Once the eggs start to set around the edges, transfer the pan to the oven.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes until the eggs are fully set.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and serve the frittata by itself or with a side salad.