Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time1 hr
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 6 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Use a Paleo-friendly chocolate chip such as "Enjoy-Life" brand.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare 9″ x 13″ baking pan by greasing with ghee and dusting with cocoa powder.
- Finely chop dates.
- Add dates and coffee to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, puree the date mixture until smooth.
- Add ghee and dark chocolate to the date mixture and stir well to combine.
- Place pumpkin, almond butter and vanilla in a bowl or stand mixer. Mix at medium speed to combine all ingredients.
- Add the date and chocolate mixture to the pumpkin and mix until well blended.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, into the batter.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl (salt, baking power, baking soda, almond flour, and cocoa), then slowly add to the batter. Mix until batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Remove cake from pan.
- In a double boiler or sauce pan over very low heat, combine all ingredients for the frosting.
- Stir continuously until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Frost the cakes as desired.