Coconut Almond Ice Cream
- Prep Time5 min
- Total Time4 hr
- Yield1 quart
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (13.5 oz can)
- 16 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- toasted coconut
- chopped almonds
- Add coconut milk, dates, and salt in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Transfer mixture, chopped almonds and shredded coconut to an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions (about 20 minutes).
- Once mixture sets up, place into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1 to 2 hours until desired texture for serving.
- Allow to soften a bit before scooping.
- Top with toasted coconut and chopped almonds.