- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time45 min
- Yield18 macaroons
- 20 dates
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 4 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- Use a Paleo-friendly chocolate chip such as "Enjoy-Life" brand.
- Pure dates, salt and coconut milk in a blender.
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut flour, egg whites and coconut milk mixture in a bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 min.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a #20 disher scoop (3-1/2 tbsp), portion out mounds of dough on a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Use your hands to shape each scoop of the mixture into an even mound and slightly narrower at the top.
- Bake for 25 min until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Move to rack and cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. If using a microwave, heat and stir in 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Coat the bottoms of each macaroon and place on a silpat or parchment lined baling sheet.
- Let chocolate set before transferring to a serving plate.
If you prefer smaller macaroons use a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons to portion out mixture. Bake until lightly golden brown.