Eggs Baked in Tomato Sauce
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- Total Time40 min
- Yield2 servings
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup spinach
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thinly slice the onion and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a pan and on medium heat, sauté the onion and pepper until they soften (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic and seasonings and sauté for about a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add the spinach and stir until the spinach is wilted and distributed in the sauce.
- Transfer the sauce to two small oven-safe baking dishes. You can make this in a larger baking dish or in the pan, provided it is oven safe.
- With the back of a spoon, make two wells in the sauce and crack and egg in each well. Repeat for the second serving dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set and done to your liking.