Sausage & Cabbage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Yield8 servings
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 8 links of chicken sausage (or pork)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium head red cabbage
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe or kale
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse the broccoli rabe, remove the thick stems. Cut into large pieces and set aside.
- Lightly grease two rimmed baking sheets with olive oil.
- Wash the potatoes, dry and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut the onions into medium slices.
- Rinse off the cabbage, cut into quarters and remove the core. Then shred the cabbage into strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Divide the vegetables (except the broccoli rabe) between the two pans, drizzle with olive oil, add the seasoning and toss to combine.
- Cut each sausage into 3-4 pieces, depending on size, and add to the pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove from the oven and toss the sausage and vegetables so that they brown evenly.
- Add the broccoli rabe and return to the oven swapping the upper and lower pan positions.
- Roast for 10-15 more minutes until the sausages and potatoes brown.
- Check the sausage for doneness.
- Add the sauerkraut, toss, and return to the oven for 5 minutes longer.