Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time30 min
- Yield4-6 Servings
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 large onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dice the yellow onion.
- Peel the sweet potato and dice into 1/2 pieces.
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow leaves.
- Using a food processor with a slicing blade, shred the Brussels sprouts. This can also be done with a knife or your market may sell shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Add 3 tbsp olive oil to the pan and sauté the onions and sweet potato until tender. Covering the pan for about 5 minutes on medium heat will let the vegetables steam and help them to soften.
- Add the seasonings to the pan and mix to combine.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Sauté until Brussels sprouts are wilted.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve.