Spicy Kale Chips
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield4 servings
- 1 large bunch kale (about 1/2-3/4 lb)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (reduce if sensitive to spice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the seasoning in a small bowl.
- Wash kale, remove the stems, and cut into large pieces. Remove any excess water by using a salad spinner or blotting with a clean dish towel.
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place the kale on the baking sheet, drizzle on the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning mix and toss to coat the leaves.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Then turn off the oven and bake for 10 more minutes to finish crisping the chips. Ovens vary so check the chips in 5 minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.