Spicy Turkey Meatballs
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time40 min
- Total Time1 hr
- Yield30 meatballs (depending on size)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (3-4 carrots)
- 1 cup onion, chopped (1 large onion)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (1/4 tsp for less spice)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Don’t over process.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the turkey and gently mix together. Try not to compact the mixture.
- Use an ice cream scoop or #20 disher (approx. 3-1/2 tbsp) to form the meatballs. Note that the mixture will be soft, so we like to use a #20 disher and drop the mixture right on a lined rimmed baking sheet — no rolling needed or messy hands.
- Drizzle the meatballs with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Check for doneness.