Sweet Potato Hash Breakfast
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Yield2 servings
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp ghee or olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning (optional)
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes and onions into 1/4 in cubes.
- Add the ghee, potatoes, onions and seasoning to a pan.
- Sauté for about a minute to coat the vegetables.
- Add the water, cover a cook on medium heat for about 5-7 min. Stir occasionally until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Adding the water and covering the pan speeds up the cooking process.
- Uncover, raise the heat to medium-high and cook a few minutes longer until slightly browned.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a fried egg, avocado, and a sprinkle of “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning.