- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
- Yield1-1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup orange juice (2 medium oranges)
- 4 pitted medjool dates, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot
- Pour orange juice in a blender.
- Add the chopped dates and blend until smooth.
- Add water, coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flake then blend until smooth.
- Add arrowroot and pulse to combine.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer/reduce for approximately 10-15 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Should render about 1 cup to 1-1/2 cups once reduced.
- Keep sauce warm.